Wednesday 10 December 2014

A Sincere Thank You...

Dear MacWand Families,

This is a difficult entry for me to compose as my emotions are very mixed.  As communicated to you in the letter from Mrs. Snow, I have been promoted to Vice Principal in our board effective January 5, 2015.  This is an exciting time for me professionally and I look forward to the challenge, however, teaching Kindergarten has been an unexpected source of professional growth and true joy.  Working, learning and playing with your children has been a true gift.  I thank you for allowing me to partner with you in the education of your child.

My position will be filled as soon as possible and Mrs.Snow will then communicate with you when that process is complete.  I am fortunate to work with an amazing FDK team and we will all work very hard to ensure continuity and an easy transition for your children.  Ms. MacDearmid has been an extraordinary teaching partner and I know she will be the constant that will help everyone adjust.  

We shared the news with the children this afternoon.  It was very emotional.  I will miss them terribly.  Thank you for confidence and the support you have shown me these last few months.  I am so incredibly fortunate to end this portion of my career on such a fulfilling and high note.  

Sincerely,
M. Wand