Wednesday 28 January 2015

Exciting News Gnorm is Back!

Today the students came into the class and found a fun surprise. Gnorm had returned and was sitting in the rocking chair. He left all of us a note:






Dear MacWands’, I mean MacWandsons’,

I hope you are all doing well! I need to tell you a secret… I have really missed you. Have you missed me too?

I heard that you changed your class name and had a vote to decide what name would be best. I like the new name!! If I were here when you voted I would have voted for that name too. J

Sorry it’s taken me some time to get back to you. I have been busy in the forest with my forest friends after my trip with Mrs. Snow. What a change in temperature! I went from hot sunny days in Florida to cold, snowy and windy days here in Canada. Did you see the pictures of me on my vacation? I had the best time and I hope I have another chance to go again. I have to tell you the truth.. it was my first vacation ever.

My forest friends said that they heard you in the woods the other day. They said you were trying to find the pond.  Did you? They also told me that you thought you found a beaver dam? How interesting! Maybe I can come with you the next time you go into the forest so I can try to see it as well.

I know that some of you came to school last night to introduce your parents to Ms. Persons. I tried so hard to be here but I came too late. I hope you don’t mind but I saw your cookies and ate a few. I was hungry after that long walk from the forest. I have little legs you know.

I see your room has changed and you added some great art on the wall. Are those your self-portraits?  I was wondering if anyone could do a portrait of me? I would love to see what I look like in a painting.

I am so glad to see all of you! I can’t wait to see what you are doing in the classroom. I promise I will be here for a few days, so let the good times roll!!!

Love,

Gnorm